The long-awaited return of Ser Dacquin on the Radio Panik plateau, continuing his series on the tragic lives of lonesome geniuses (genii). This time: the life and times of the always great, always late Townes Van Zandt.
After a full year preparing for this moment, Hendrik Dacquin finally presents his master thesis on the life and times of none other than top Texan Townes Van Zandt 💙 In this show: gorgeous songs, meticulously prepared anecdotes, a lively & highly erudite discussion, and an inevitable veering off-script as the Jupiler (oh god) cans pile up.
- Pancho and Lefty (Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson cover, aka the cheesy version)
- My Proud Mountains (KPFT version 1972 or 73)
- My Starter Won't Start This Morning (Lightning Hopkins cover from Live at Austin City Limits)
- Nothing (radio session)
- Black Crow Blues (live at the Jester)
- Tower Song (from Live at the Old Quarter)
- For the Sake of the Song (from Townes Van Zandt)
- Rade (from A Gentle Evening)
- Tecumseh Valley (from A Gentle Evening)
- Kathleen (from Our Mother the Mountain radio session)
- Highway Kind (from Sunshine sessions)
- Two Girls (from TWO GIRLS Live at the old quarter)
- Dollar Bill Blues (live at Austin City Limits)
- Waiting Around To Die (live from Austin City Limits at Uncle Seymour's)t